In this series, you will learn photography in a whole new way!
I've spoken with thousands of people who -- despite the beginner or even intermediate courses they've taken -- are still confused about the basic elements of photography. So I developed my own style of teaching based on an artist's natural instincts of curiosity and discovery which quickly produces dramatic results.
This Tutorial is FREE for members of Stuck in Customs Passport. Members also get access to Trey's best Photography Tutorials, Presets and eBooks, plus exclusive access to behind-the-scenes videos, tips and discounts. Learn more and subscribe now
This tutorial is a great way to get started with photography, regardless of the type of camera you own. You'll learn the fundamentals of your camera, how to take your first photos and how to edit them with Adobe Lightroom.
Watch the first episode for FREE below, then the complete series goes deeper on how to properly compose a photo, finding your artistic style, and improving the quality and beauty of your photos.
The "after" image was made without Photoshop or HDR. You'll learn how to do this and more in these photography tutorials.
You won't be bored! The series is unlike other courses you've taken. The video tutorials are a unique combination of interesting stories, live photo shoots and step-by-step instructions for editing your photos. I assure you that if you approach the courses with a sense of fun and curiosity, the quality and beauty of your photos will drastically improve.
EPISODE 1 - GETTING STARTED (30 mins)
- Introduction to photography
- Learning through curiosity and discovery
- Setting up your camera
- Taking your first photo
- Editing your photo with Adobe Lightroom
EPISODE 2 - PHOTO COMPOSITION (40 mins)
- Challenging the traditional teachings on composition
- Live example: Composing a landscape photo
- Live example: Composing a photo with people
- Editing the landscape and people photos
- Review examples of many different compositions
EPISODE 3 - FINDING YOUR OWN STYLE (60 mins)
- Discovering your unique path to your own art
- Live examples: Photos in a park and a candy shop
- Editing the photos from the park and candy shop
- Reviewing examples of small-object composition
- More advanced techniques using Adobe Lightroom
EPISODE 4 - PHOTO EDITING (34 mins)
- Moving past the learning curve of post processing
- Sharing your photos with others online
- Playing with Adobe Photoshop
- Tips & Tricks with Adobe Photoshop
- Introduction to HDR (High Dynamic Range) photography
Bonus: Introduction to Aurora HDR
Get an inside look at Aurora HDR. I developed this software along with Skylum, an amazing company that has already created many other stunning photography tools.